0800 292 7348 09 438 5848

Certificate of Acceptance

Building Consents

Generally speaking, most building work on your property requires a consent from the council. Once constructed, your project will also need a Code of Compliance Certificate to confirm that it was all built to plan. Any building work that has been completed without a consent can be retrospectively permitted with a Certificate of Acceptance application.

Acting as your agent and advocate, we can complete all the paperwork for you. With your sign off we then lodge your consent application with the Council. Any correspondence from the Council is then directed to us so we can keep your consent on track for approval.



A home inspector is typically contacted right after the contract or purchase agreement has been signed. However, before you sign, be sure that there is an inspection clause in the purchase contract specifying that your purchase obligation is contingent upon the findings of a professional home inspection. This clause should specify the terms to which both the buyer and seller are obligated with respect to the findings of the inspection.